Mother’s Union Christian care for families
Mothers’ Union is an international Christian membership charity of approx 4 million members living in 83 countries, to bring about a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships.
Mothers’ Union Objectives are as follows:-
- Promoting and supporting marriage.
- Encouraging parents in their role to develop the faith of their children.
- Maintaining a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer worship and service.
- Promoting conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- Helping those whose family life has met with adversity.
The Mothers’ Union Centre is at St Benedict’s Square Lincoln just of the high street, and is run by branches on a rota.
It is open Tuesday Thursday Friday and Saturday’s from 10am to 2.30pm, serving Tea Coffee etc. Customers are also welcome to take in their own snacks sandwiches etc.
A lovely building with a warm welcome to all.
Our Brigg Branch meets every third Tuesday of the month at St John’s Church Hall Bigby St Brigg and starts at 2-00pm prompt.
We start with a short service followed by a speaker and finishing with a cup of tea and any other business. A warm welcome will be given to anyone who feels that they would like to come along as a visitor and may be to join at a later date.
As well as our local branch we also now have Cluster Groups. We are joined with Barton and Manlake part of Scunthorpe area.
For more information please contact the following,
Chairperson – Nina Kingswood – 01652 657852
Secretary – Brenda Slater – 01652 652901
Treasurer – Elizabeth Johnson – 01652 655518
Glanford Cluster Leader – Pam Braithwaite – 01652 652292